Black Box is a MODERN MARKETING AGENCY designed for the music industry. Our vision is to help our clients DEVELOP ENGAGED AUDIENCES through branding, marketing and partnerships.
We offer CUSTOM SOLUTIONS for labels, publishers, managers and artists, with an UNPARALLELED EXPERTISE in driving campaigns and a passion for personalized content creation, social publishing, and full-service marketing strategy.
Our approach is simple; know yourself, know your fans, build your business.
The Black Box approach is simple. Here’s how we do it:
1. Establish artist identity, branding, and vision. Set goals.
2. Build the content, shape the music, and design the visual brand.
3. Develop the audience plan. Establish the social, brand, and development approach.
4. Implement the strategy. Measure obsessively.
5. Enhance the business through social monetization, partnerships, and optimized traditional revenue streams.
Marketing & Revenue
Here’s another way to look at it. Black Box is two things: a Chief Marketing Officer and a Chief Revenue Officer.
CMO: As your CMO, Black Box supports digital strategy, content development, visual branding, and artist positioning.
CRO: As your CRO, Black Box supports social monetization, partnerships, D2C, and traditional revenue optimization.
Management & Publishing
Built out of our agency model, Black Box operates a boutique management services and publishing division for artists that do not have either. At the center of both ventures is Cody Lovaas, a phenomenal performer, musician, and person.
Livia Tortella: CEO & Founder
Brian Popowitz: General Manager
Adam Samiljan: Project Manager
Ashley Osborn: Creative Director
Aubrey Wickenheiser: Project Manager
Gabe Alvare: Project Manager
Brian Spencer: Project Manager
Nadav Hezi: Digital Marketing
Megan Dickinson: Digital Marketing & Content Creation
Devyn Vaughan: Digital Marketing
Katie Middleton: Advertising & Digital Production
David Miller: Streaming & Retail
Justin Miller: Creative
David Richtenburg: Digital Marketing & Content Creation
Maude Lambert: Brand Management
Elsa Tortella: Client Services & Administrative Director
“It’s a “high touch” approach missing from the automated marketing platforms flourishing these days.” – BILLBOARD
- Former Label Exec Livia Tortella’s New (to the Public) Marketing Firm Says It’s All About Building Audience – BILLBOARD
- Black Box: The Future Of Music – THE PEOPLE SERIES
- Ex-WBR Co-Pres/COO Livia Tortella Officially Launches Black Box – ALL ACCESS
- Why Aren’t There More Music Oscars? – HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
- POWER PLAYER: Livia Tortella – ALL ACCESS
- Where’s That Damned Button?! Warner Bros. Records Former Co-President on Artist Development in a New Age: Op-Ed – BILLBOARD
Lunch Box is an innovative catering company tailor-made for the music industry. Led by Head of Operations Elsa Tortella, Lunch Box offer fully customizable event management and catering services for a wide range of clients. From music video shoots to release parties, we provide a personalized approach to a one size fits all industry. At Lunch Box, we pride ourselves in food that is authentic as the experiences we create.